Monday, June 19, 2017

My Variegated Spools and Life

Hello everyone!

I just did a VLOG yesterday with my FINISHED Variegated Spools quilt in it.  If you don't want to listen to me blab, just forward near the end and you can see my finished quilt top.  I am real excited to have it done, and I must thank wonderful Edyta Sitar for her Silhouettes for that.

If you don't know what they are, go to laundrybasketquilts.com.  Go to her shop or store or whatever she calls it, and look for the Silhouettes.  They are WON-DER-FUL, I promise you.  Worth every penny.  You just pull the paper off the back -- put them where you want them -- and iron them down permanently.  Saves hours of tracing and cutting.

So here is the VLOG if you care to see it:

The VLOG I made the day before has been frozen because one of my darling readers all the way over in Germany pointed out that my address was in plain sight on my refrigerator.  So glad Katrina noticed that.  I imagine if someone wanted to pay a small fee, they could find out where I live, but no sense showing it to the whole world.

My life is quite "variegated" these days.  Half the time, I don't even know what I'm going to be doing from one day to the next.  Not boring, at least.

Tomorrow, I am having my hair dyed in my kitchen by the new stylist who was supposed to work in a salon.  I've been to the salon twice.  Suddenly, she doesn't work there anymore, and you either have to go to her house or have her come to yours.  I really don't like that since my house is NOT a salon and doesn't have the proper sink and equipment.  Thank God, Princess Di left a lot of things here from when she used to come.  Di doesn't do hair anymore, and she was doing that for me as my good friend.  This lady is in business.  I want her to be in a salon I can go to.  Let the salon have the mess.

Also, I found out via Facebook that this girl has two pit bulls at home.  I will NOT be going to her house EVER!

I now have COMPLETE RECALL of why I quit going to salons to have my hair done over 40 years ago.  If I ever liked someone, they ALWAYS quit or moved away.
Friday, I'm doing something so nice.  I can't even believe it is actually happening.

Terry's Mother-in-Law, Wanda, has invited Terry and me to come to lunch at her house.  Wanda is a super neat and organized person.  I was at her house for a few minutes once with Terry, and was delighted by how pretty everything was.  Not only that, she had her dining room table completely set as though she were expecting important company any moment.  Pretty dishes with all the utensils and linens were on the table, but NOBODY was coming.  Terry told me she just likes to have her table decorated, and she changes it all the time.  So I am excited to be invited to her house and have lunch on her pretty dishes.  Terry's SIL lives there too.  I am really looking forward to it.

Jerry was in Oklahoma City today to deliver my two trade-in sewing machines to Bernina.  I gave them the two I bought on Ebay as I paid a whole lot less for those used.  I wasn't about to give them the machines I paid full price for.  That just doesn't make sense to me.  Pay $2600.00 for a machine and give it to Bernina for $400?  I don't think so!

My Mother has been complaining of a back ache for weeks now.  I think it originated from her lifting a heavy wooden foot stool and moving it across her room at the other house.  She had her sitter get me on the phone today -- while I was buying groceries at Walmart -- to demand that I take her to a Chiropractor.  I really didn't want to do that, of course, knowing she could turn into the not-so-nice personality at any moment -- especially, if there are any people or kids around.  I reminded her on the phone that she used to do a certain exercise for her back pain.  She asked me to describe it, so I did.  By the time I got home tonight, she had done the exercise and the pain was all gone!  Praise God!  Best to keep Mom at home at all times.

Jerry has been working for months getting paperwork filled out in order for my Mother to claim her VA benefits for having to have round-the-clock care.  Jerry went to the VA office today in OKC.  The man that he gave the paperwork to was shocked at how thorough it was.  He immediately faxed it to whatever office it was supposed to go to from his.  HOORAY Jerry!  He isn't great with Mom's personal care, but he sure is great with getting other chores done that she requires.  He has a hard time accepting the fact that she really CANNOT REMEMBER things.  He thinks she is just acting in order to get attention.  And that actually is true to a certain extent.

For instance, she will walk into my bedroom in the morning and order me to fix her shake.  She will walk to the table, hang up her walking stick on the chair next to hers, and sit up straight and talk normally.

As soon as the aide, Christy, arrives, Mom suddenly gets very weak.  When Christy helps her up from the kitchen table to go to her room, Mom takes itty bitty steps not lifting her feet off the floor, and  she makes Christy hold her elbow on one side as she uses the cane on the other side.  Before I "lost" the walker, she used to make Christy get the walker before she could go down the hall.   She whines and murmurs so you can hardly understand her.  Christy knows it too.  She said she has seen Mom walking all over her room with no assistance at all.  She sees Christy, and the show resumes.  I guess Mom figures she should get her money's worth, lol.
In Mom's defense, she can get around easily when there is furniture or a bed close by for her to lean on or hold onto.  It is walking in wide open spaces that cause her to fear falling.  Since she has fallen so many times in the past, I certainly can understand her need for stability; and truly, I am thankful that she does take precautions.

I think it is time to snap a still photo of my quilt, and start practicing quilt designs on it.  I think I will probably echo all the appliques.  We shall see.

Stay tuned.

Hugs, Joy











1 comment:

  1. Love the quilt just the way it is. Don't change a thing! -Pam

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy