Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Thank You for 2017 - Happy 2018 - My Resolutions

It is about 8 PM on January 3rd, and my lightning fast mind just realized I haven't posted any pictures from my Mom's birthday yet.  Terry brought me a CD of the ones she took, and I took several myself.  The thing is, when your birthday is on December 18th, it is immediately overridden by Christmas preparations.  Right after Mom's birthday was my granddaughter's birthday on the 20th and an employee was the day after that, and then it was suddenly Christmas Day!

I don't have any pictures in this laptop, so you will still have to wait awhile for birthday pics.  I'll get around to it -- I promise.  And, no, I can't put the CD in here because this laptop does not have a CD player.

Mother received over 30 cards from you very loving and kind internet friends of mine.  She was so blessed by them and so was I.  The people who were here for her little party were amazed at the cards she had received.  She has them all in her room so she can look at them whenever she wants to.

I did make a VLOG for you about her birthday.  If you haven't seen it, here it is:


Part of the following VLOG was made on Christmas morning, and Mom talks to you in it.  I am showing you a cookie that was sent to Mom by Shari Marie.  Purple butterflies!  Mom loved them.

So what about those New Year's resolutions.

I don't really have any, other than the ones I have every day, all my life:  Love God, love people and try to be the best ME I can be.

I thank all of you who took time to listen to me and talk back to me with your kind, helpful comments this past year.  And thank you all SO VERY MUCH for being so kind to my Mother and giving me your helpful advice and tips from your own experiences with loved ones.  I know I will cherish you all the more as her illness progresses.  Nothing heals a hurting heart like loving friends who truly care and have been through what you are going through.

I'll be back soon my friends.

Hugs, Joy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joy! Your love for your mom just shows through in everyone one of your posts and vlogs. I'm sure your siblings attribute them to you making it about you, being a martyr, etc. Don't you worry one bit about them and their lack of involvement in their mom's life. It is their unfortunate choice - not yours and not your responsibility. So I don't ever want to hear you say again that you feel like you failed. And to make it worse, when they do visit, she will fawn over them like they've been there non-stop like you have...and it will make you absolutely nuts! Joy, be the bigger person (easier said than done I know). Put yourself into her shoes. If you just celebrated what is probably your last birthday, would you use that time to scold your child if they came to visit? No. Your perspective would be to cherish every moment with them and praise Jesus they came into your life. So when this does occur, and it will, please don't make this about you - make it about her and be happy with her that she is getting to see another of her children again. If you want to jab at a sibling about their lack of attentiveness during the end, there will be plenty of time for that after she is gone. But by then I hope you have come to peace to let it go and accept that Jesus will deal with them in His own way when the time comes. "Honor thy mother and thy father". They are breaking a commandment and He will deal with them so you are off the hook. :)

    Be good Joy and tell Jerry hello! God's blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy